HUSON WATER TOWER TIMELINE

1870s – Henry Huson, second mayor of Plymouth, builds a windmill and pump on the bluff above the south bank of the Mullet River, across the street from his Collins Street home, to provide water for sheep and horses he grazes on the river bank.

1881 – Huson encloses the windmill with a decorative three-story tower.

1965 – Henry Bush, grandson of Henry Huson, donates the tower and surrounding land to the city for a park.

1974 – Park is named Huson Park and a tower restoration project is launched, with the goal of restoring the tower before the city’s centennial celebration in 1977.

1976 – The tower and park are officially dedicated at a ceremony on June 26.

1980 – The Huson Water Tower is placed on the National Register of Historic Places, making it one of only three national landmark properties in the city, along with 52 Stafford and the Henry Huson House.

2004 – Volunteers from the Plymouth Historical Society replace decaying wood and repaint the tower to its original 1881 color scheme.

2015 – An early-morning fire, suspected to be arson, destroys the tower June 19, leaving only the concrete foundation.

2016 – The city and the Plymouth Historical Society plan to reconstruct the tower, including the restoration on the original windmill on top of the tower.


Most recent cover pages:














Copyright 2009-2018 The Plymouth Review, All Rights Reserved

Contact Information

113 E. Mill St., Plymouth WI 53073
Local: 920-893-6411 Toll Free: 1-877-467-6591
Fax: 920-893-5505






Women's Civic Society